Pictou County Fuel Fund.
Please Note: Our season has ended and will start backup for the 2019-2020 season in Nov 2019.
The Pictou County Fuel Fund is committed to providing short term assistance for those who do not have options and face the prospects of an unheated home environment. We try our best to make arrangements with our suppliers however this is not an emergency service but is provided for urgent situations.
Please Note: Assistance is available Once Per Heating Season.
This is an assistance program for urgent situations with the following guidelines.
- 1st time – If approved you will be eligible for $300.00 of heating assistance. Fuel Types Supported (oil / wood / wood pellets / propane)
- 2nd time- If you have previously received fuel from PCFF then you will be required to pay a $100.00 of the $300.00 amount as a co-pay. (The exception to this is for wood pellets. You will receive $200 in pellets. This includes taxes and delivery.)
- 3rd time- $300.00 worth of fuel and the co-pay increases to $150.00 (The exception to this is for wood pellets. You will receive $150 in pellets. This includes taxes and delivery.)
- Those who have received assistance on three different occasions are not eligible for assistance for the fourth year.
- The information provided is stored in our data base which has been in place for five years.
- When a co-pay is required, the recipient must pay the fuel company providing fuel before it is delivered. Drivers cannot accept co-pay payments.
For the Quickest Response Please follow the process below.
Applications will be accepted until March 31, 2019.
Step 1– Please use the online application form and provide the details requested and submit it on the link provided. If unable to fill out the online form you can call 1-902-755-2886 to speak with a PCFF representative. Hours of operation will be Monday to Friday 9am to 4:30pm. In the event that you call after hours please leave a message and be sure to provide some indication of urgency of your need. We will return your call during office hours.
Step 2– A representative of PCFF will get in touch with you to review your situation and confirm the level of support that maybe available.
Step 3– We will review the various level of support available for each situation. We recognize that “urgent situations” require quick action and that will be our goal to the extent possible. IF you have not heard back from the PCFF within 48 hours Monday – Friday please call to confirm the status of your online application.
You can also download an Application Form by clicking on the link below.
Pictou County Fuel Fund Application Form
Completed Application forms can be mailed to:
Pictou County Fuel Fund
C/O Pictou County Crime Prevention
P.O. Box 100